1. Magic is like breathing to the elves of Mahuul Maakh. They do it all the time, without thinking. Few, however, put the time in to "practice" doing it "right."
2. Humans, elves, dwarves, and orcs all have their own racial personality. As Quentyn was surprised by the sudden, bold determination of the Duke and his men, humans differ in their racial outlook and response from elves, and they from dwarves, and so on.
3. Dwarves are very stoic, possessed of great emotional mass and inertia. They take abuse heaped upon them for years before their ire is finally raised. They serve as near slave labor and endure second-class status. That their work is of superior quality is no reason for human respect.
4. Elves are otherworldy, like the fey. They follow strange rituals that make little to no sense to outsiders. They are very calculating.
5. Humans are very quickly organized and boundless in courage and spirit ... when the right leader arises. Otherwise they grow fat, corrupt, and lazy.
6. What the crap are orcs if that is how the humans act?